8.26.2008

you know what else is weird........

The English say, “knockin’ about,” as in “that bloke was knockin’ about” referring to a guy milling about (i guess that’s fairly English as well) or hanging around, like someone just going about their daily business.

I just find that funny. I was knockin’ about earlier on the computer, writing a blog. I mean I just think the phrase is fantastic.

any thoughts?

To explain, I’ve been listening to a bunch of Ricky Gervais (creator of The Office in Britain, which is the first version if you didnt know) podcast. So im completely comsumed with Britishisms.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the English!

I also love the word bit. Very English and I use it quite a bit.

Maybe that’s why that guy said I was very Anglo…um I don’t think he knew what he was saying.

No comments: